Friday, June 12, 2009

Naming nail polish


Wouldn't it be a wonderful job to dream up nail polish names? Or naming paint colors? Or makeup? I would read magazines all day hoping to be inspired by a catchy phrase... Sister Ally and I have often talked about what a fun job it would be, and today I daydreamed while getting a manicure. How could I not? I was sitting in an adorably sunny country chic room with wall to wall OPI polish. My color of choice came from the new India line, titled "Charmed by a Snake" (I could have done better on the name!)... and is an amazing metallic gold/bronze/latte color that makes my hands appear tanner than they actually are. I loved it so much that I proceeded to purchase it for my very own, to use all summer long. Unique, feminine, complementary to my skin tone and makes my ring look pretty... all the things I love about a great manicure. 

Thank you OPI for being a tried and true polish line, you were with me on Prom night, the first day of college ("Private Jet"), every major college event, at my engagement ("Tropical Punch"), on my wedding day ("Bicycle for Two" and "Shrimp Cocktail" I believe) and when I first discovered a love for navy blue nails ("Russian Navy" remains my favorite after these past years)... and today, on a lovely sunny Friday afternoon so I will have great nails for date night. 

1 comment:

  1. you truly are an OPI girl. can't believe you remember all the names to the polish you've worn on every momentous occasion in your life-- very impressive.

    ReplyDelete