Tuesday, June 9, 2009

I like Rachel more than I expect to

I've never been a huge Rachel Ray fan, none of her meals seemed all that healthy (as I try to cook, to make room for dessert!)... however, the other day I saw her on Food Network (my favorite channel) & she made an amazing meal of Roasted Garlic & Cherry Tomato pasta.  And I just so happened to have every single ingredient & ended up making it that night for dinner. 

Note: I made these substitutions: 
a. Didn't make the steak, added grilled chicken (marinated in fresh lemon juice, EVOO, garlic & pepper) to make pasta the main course
b. Used whole wheat pasta (for obvious reasons)
c. Also, didn't have arugula so I made a caesar-esque salad 

Overall, my Italian man loved it, his co-workers asked for the recipe & I'll take any chance I can get to roast some garlic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment