Friday, October 15, 2010

New York City



New York City is my favorite place on the planet. I love that there are no backyards, great bakeries, a true appreciation for art/artists/design, funky boutiques and no sense of a true majority or minority among New Yorkers. I feel right at home among the hustle and am in awe of the beauty of the city. Especially now, being back I find that I walk much too fast for Seattlites. But, I have found that I am incredibly thankful for the city we live in. Many of the aspects that I love about New York, I've found that I can appreciate right down the street (I can pretty much walk anywhere I need to go). And I need to, because sometimes dreamers are never content in the present.

2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way coming back to Seattle from NYC! I found myself walking super fast, and pushing right past slow people. I'm glad you love NyC... I do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh!! Between Canlis and NY, I'm having serious Lowndes envy :). Mostly, though, I'm just so happy for you that you were able to enjoy your passion for the Great City and that you have entered into the wonderufl world of Canlis. When I read Allie's blog review of C, I literally cried. Therefore, we are ser saving for an indulgent date night :). Miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete