Friday, October 9, 2009

Delancey

For my birthday all I really wanted was to eat at Delancey (well, and to go shopping and to get a manicure). Wonderful, wonderful birthday that hasn't ended yet, but the real reason for the post is to talk about possibly the most perfect restaurant we've ever been to. So perfect, that we were dreaming about opening our own restaurant someday...
There is no sign yet up yet, which made it almost magical because you knew exactly where you were going regardless. Amazing decor. Rustic, simple and perfectly thoughtful. I was in love.

Incredible wine list, I tried their recommended sparkling wine that was featured on the coolest chalkboard-sided cabinet ever (Daniel says that he wants one too) & D had some delicious red, but I forget the name of that too. Also, when the pizza came we ordered a Mexican Coca-Cola, which I swear had cinnamon in it.

We ordered their classic pepperoni because, as we discuss often, that you can tell a lot about a restaurant by how they make a staple dish (i.e. spaghetti & meatballs at an Italian place). And friends, it was BY FAR the best pepperoni pizza I have ever tasted. I was much more excited to try their Padron Pizza, made with padron chilies (pictured below) and I can't wait to take my Dad there because he would love it. So very spicy and delicious. My favorite of the evening.

Even though we were stuffed, and I had a perfect box of See's waiting for me at home, I insisted that we order the famous Bittersweet Chocolate Chip Cookie with Gray Salt. Completely inspiring, and I now am going to attempt the recipe for D's party in honor of his new favorite cookie.



Come to Ballard & try Delancey and come see us while you're at it! Or better yet, take us with you. We'll walk there & enjoy my new favorite restaurant together :)

P.S. All photos are taken from the amazing restaurant owner/inventor's blog... because alas, I did remember my camera this time but forgot to take my own pictures. Don't worry, we're taking Daniel's Dad their next weekend & I'll make sure to take pictures.

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! I am a nerd, and keep a list of Seattle restaurants I really want to try, so this one just got added. And BTW, 70th st is so cute; they have a lot of wonderful places on that strip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the exact same thing! Our next stop: Lunchbox Laboratory off 73rd for burgers :)

    ReplyDelete