Monday, October 5, 2009

Harvest Party


The great thing about our new condo is the luxury of reserving the swanky "community lounge", which I promptly reserved for a Harvest Party (in honor of the hubby's birthday next week) within days of moving in.

I am so excited, and have been researching what to serve for the past few days. Any ideas friends? While in Friday Harbor we picked up some Peppered Pumpkin jelly (I believe that's what it was called), so I'm dreaming of serving it with some sort of cheese on a crostini or something.

In keeping with tradition, I'll serve Martha's Spiked Apple Pie Cider again, but I'm wondering if I could do a Fall-ish sangria too? With pear, apple etc? I can't seem to find a good recipe, but I'm sure Daniel won't mind taste testing for me.

We're planning for at least 30 people & I'd love to try some new appetizer recipes for the party. One can only do so many cheese & cracker patters... Any ideas? We have quite a few vegans, vegeterians and gluten-free quests coming as well & I'd like them to be able to partake in at least some of it!


2 comments:

  1. Paula Dean's pumpkin cake with cream cheese orange frosting. I do everything except deep fry the cake! HAHA! I am making cheese and ham sandwiches, you take a pie crust, cut it out in the shape of a pumpkin (individual pumpkin), place the cheese and ham on top and another pumpkin, wash with egg and bake... and i can't think of what else. OH! A ball of buffalo mozzarella, wrapped in peppered prosciutto and skewered with a baby basil leaf on top! Wanna trade ideas? We are excited for our Harvest party as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks B!

    I'm also making individual mini pumpkin cheesecakes with cinnamon whip cream & I think perhaps some sort of stuffed date. Sara D is making her famous stuffed mushrooms Harvest style for me... and I don't know what else. I love the ham sandwich idea!

    ReplyDelete