Friday, May 15, 2009

Domesticity and the like

Do you ever feel like, when Mom comes to town, that every drawer must be organized, every DVD alphabetized, all pillows perfectly fluffed knowing that she'll notice? Or is it just me? Last time Mom was in town, she folded the toilet paper into the diamond shape like over the top hotels do (because apparently I forgot to), peered through every kitchen cabinet to see how I organized "my very own kitchen"... I love my Mother dearly. This is a wonderful excuse to finally get organized for myself & take pictures of our home! 

This week has consisted of: endless loads of laundry, all winter clothes safely folded into their gigantic tupperware and into the storage unit, closet perfectly organized to accompany summer dresses & skirts, Ikea runs to purchase more organizational items, a trip to Safeway to rent "the Rug Doctor" carpet cleaner, re-organizing every space in our entire 600sq. ft. city apartment, and finally getting rid of boxes that "could be used for something" but were taking space away from my shoes... which were also organized this week. 

I am, very excited to have my parents come visit. We will walk to the Ballard Market, to church, and most importantly... to our favorite bars & restaurants. Can't wait to show them our life here!

A few purchases made this week, to make Mom proud:  


Capri Blue Volcano Candle (also purchased a smaller blue one for the bathroom)
Voluspa: Ebony & Peach Candle
What to Eat Pad
Adorable weekly meal planner, because I dream of an organized life.





2 comments:

  1. Hooray for your blog! I'm impressed! And inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute cute cute... i just bought a voluspa too. obsession. i'm sure carolyn was very impressed with your homemaking skillz and that you had no reason to fret. xo.

    ReplyDelete